In 2021, the Waikato and Bay of Plenty Region of the RSCDS agreed to introduce an award for individuals who have made an exceptional contribution to Scottish country dancing in our Region over many years.
- Recipients of the Award will have been responsible for some notable achievements so as to benefit Scottish Country Dancing and/or its music at the Region level or across the whole New Zealand Branch.
- Nominations are to be made on the form provided.
- Nominations are to be prepared without direct input from the recipient. If possible the award should come as a surprise to the recipient.
- Nominations must be received by 31 August each year and will be considered by the Region Committee prior to the Region AGM at an on-line meeting. Afterwards, the Region Committee’s decision and any planned actions will be communicated to the person making the nomination.
- Other than in the case of a joint award, it would be rare for the Region to give more than one Award a year. Posthumous nominations will not be considered. Requests to the Secretary for a Region Award must be on the appropriate form.
The form below may be completed online if you wish to nominate an individual for a Region Award. The form will be emailed to the Region Secretary and yourself for consideration by the Region Committee.
Alternatively, the form may be downloaded and completed offline by clicking